Reading Food Labels, Combined With Exercise, Can Lead To Weight Loss, Study Finds.
I just came across this article and couldn’t believe my eyes. Finally someone has linked nutrition and exercise to weight loss <insert sarcasm>……
Seriously, when are we going to stop being subjected to these idiotic articles? All of Western Civilation already knows that exercise and watching what you eat will help you lose weight!
The next thing you know, someone will tell us that smoking is actually bad for us……….
Being in and around health clubs for the last 18 years, I have seen my share of idiots at the gym. So I’ve decided to compile a list of things that piss me off about pretty much every gym I’ve ever belonged to.
- Guys who wear their sunglasses while working out. You’re not outside, you’re not playing poker (take off your glasses here too), you are in a gym. Even if you wear them on the back of your head, take them off, stupid!
- Dudes who think they’re MMA fighters. These guys walk around the gym trying to look bad-ass. Their whole closets are filled with TapOut shirts and I’ll bet that 95% of them couldn’t last 30 seconds in the ring with the worst fighter in the UFC.
- The upper body only guy. We all know this guy. He has foremarms like Popeye and legs like Olive Oil. His exercise routine looks like this: Day 1: Chest and arms. Day 2: Arms and chest. Day 3: Chest and arms…you get the idea..
- The no warm-up people. This is the person who walks in off the street and heads right to a piece of equipment. No warm-up, no stretching, just right to it! I cringe when I think of what might happen to them one day. Can you say injury??
- Guys who work out in jeans and/or work boots. What are you thinking? Are you that busy that you can’t take 1 minute to change into shorts? Do you think exercise looks cooler when you’re sporting your acid wash Levi’s? Or are you really hiding those chicken legs?
- The wanna-be pro bodybuilder. This is the enormously large block of meat who shows up with a deep tan, a heavy duty weight belt, and a gallon jug of water. Just get the f**k out of his way as he stomps over to the squat rack…
- Dirty locker rooms and showers. I realize that my current gym is far from a high end establishment, but can you please clean the f***ing showers?? I feel like I’m going to contract the Ebola Virus every time I go in there. Finding the remains of the last guys shaving frenzy makes me want to puke. I swear some of these guys shave their chest, back and God knows what else in there and leave all the hair for me.
- The skinny punks who wear wifebeaters and think they’re jacked. Most of the time it’s some piece of white trash who doesn’t have a clue how to build muscle.
- Rude staff and poor management. This infuriates me. The last time I checked, front desk people were supposed to be friendly and actually acknowledge you. I realize that your job sucks and that you are earning slightly more than minimum wage but if you want to be an asshole all the time, go work for the Maryland MVA.
- Egotistical trainers. You’ve seen them…they stand around in their extra tight polo shirts reading the latest issue of Men’s Fitness Magazine and hoping that someone comes up to them and wants to hire them on the spot. They are more concerned about looking good than they are about actually helping the members. Now go clean some equipment…
I’m sure I’ve missed a few so feel free to add to my list.